If you are a visual, literary, design or performing artist between the ages of 15 and 18 or in grades 10 through 12 you could: win a cash award of up to $10,000, take master classes with accomplished artists, become a U.S. Presidential Scholar in the Arts, receive a lifetime of professional support. Applications accepted in cinematic arts, classical music, dance, design arts, jazz, photography, theater, visual arts, voice and writing.
The JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence scholarship presented by Wells Fargo is officially open. This $2,500 one-time scholarship is given out to four local student-athletes!
To be eligible to receive the JAXSPORTS Charities Award of Excellence Scholarship, the applicant must:
• Maintain a 3.0+ GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) from an accredited high school in Florida’s First Coast area/southern Georgia
• Participate in a varsity/junior varsity sport or its equivalent (dance, gymnastics, taekwondo etc.)
• Participate in extra-curricular activities through church, school and the community
• Exhibit exemplary behavior, thereby being a good role model for peers
• Attach (1) letter of reference from a school official (Principal, Guidance Counselor, Teacher, Athletic Director, Coach, etc.)
Originally founded as the Alachua County Teachers’ Credit Union by Alachua County School System teachers, Florida Credit Union (FCU) actively maintains a dedicated relationship with local school systems by offering credit union scholarships to accomplished students throughout North and Central Florida.
Scholarships from FCU are awarded based on the student’s scholastic record, future potential, leadership, initiative, character, dependability, integrity, and financial needs. Scholarships are available to any student who is actively enrolled or plans to enroll in undergraduate courses within the calendar year. The student or their parent/guardian must also be a member of Florida Credit Union.
Florida Credit Union offers 3 sponsorship opportunities: the Servin-Ellis Scholarship Fund, the Buchholz Academy of Finance Scholarship, and the Dr. John C. Rawls Scholarship Fund. Details about these three opportunities and their applications can be found on our website here: https://www.flcu.org/about-us/scholarships/.